Skip to main content

[OPEN] Discussion about POC of UC browser 12.11.2.1184 (day 14)

Recently...

i'm just join android security & malware telegram group, it is a very cool channel that talk about security, privacy, malware on Google Play, bugs, vulnerabilities, data leaks, bug bounty hunting, security tips & tutorials, tools, hacks, ethical hacking, penetration testing, forensic..etc

when i was scrolling around contents, i stumble upon a post from andmp about vulnerability in URL address bar of UC browser that allow hacker to launch a phising website.

Cause: "browsers are trying to enhance the User Experience by just displaying the search term for certain URL patterns" & "bad regex check"

and

POC: www.google.com.attacker.domain/?q=www.facebook.com


I try to deliver the POC BUT i think it's not quite what i expect. LET ME EXPLAIN 





i try to test the poc using adb for saving my time rather than have to type that long URL address. Download

~# adb shell input text www.google.com.blogspot.com/?q=facebook.com
~# adb shell input text www.google.com.evil.com/?q=instagram.com



when i try to input both of the URL it work flawlessly the URL bar only show the query to the user but things get a little bit out of hand when i try to use other domain name, such as:

~# adb shell input text www.google.com.andmp.com/?q=paypal.com
~# adb shell input text www.google.com.medium.com/?q=instagram.com
~# adb shell input text www.google.com.hackerone.com/?q=instagram.com



it always return an error and cannot find the domain. so i try to test the DNS using dig



Both of the domain in the first testing return a valid ip address but the rest of the three domain are not so lucky. At this time i am bewildered, i cannot determine whether it is domain fault that cannot map the ip address or i download a wrong version or there is something that i am missing. Leave your thoughts in comment below, i appreciate it. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having fun analyzing nginx log to find malicious attacker in the net (ง'̀-'́)ง (day 37)

  What makes you sleepless at night? is it because of a ghost or scary stories? is it because you have an important meeting tomorrow? or is it because you have an exam? For me, what keeps me up all night is that I keep thinking about what happens to a website that I just created, is it safe from an attacker (certainly not) or did I missing some security adjustments that lead to vulnerability? well I'm not the best secure programmer in the world, I'm still learning and there is a big possibility that I can make a mistake but for me, a mistake can be a valuable investment to myself or yourself to be better so from this idea, I want to know more about what attackers casually do when attacking a website. Here in this post, I'm going to show you how I analyzed attack to the website that I have permission to design and also some interesting findings that I could get from the analysis Background: All of this analysis comes from the traffic that is targeted to th...

Utilize Pwntools for crafting ROP chain :') (day 69)

who doesn't like pwntools? it is a very versatile tool and can be customized according to our need using the python script but did you need to know that pwntools itself can help us to automatically craft a rop chain for us? so in this post, I will show you how to make rop chain less painful and make pwntools do all the heavy lifting. To demonstrate this I will use the binary challenge callme 64 bit from ropemporium link: https://ropemporium.com/challenge/callme.html Crashing the app: Like any other exploitation process, we need to crash the program by generating a long string pattern to determine the offset. based on the information from the above figure we can see that we required to provide 40 bytes of offset Fun stuff: now this where the fun stuff began write the following python script: as in the guideline of the challenged said we need to chain the function call by first to call the callme_one function, callme_two function and then callme_three funct...

Make writing shellcode in linux 32 bit little bit simple (ง'̀-'́)ง (day 53)

Disclaimer: This post is only for education only and not for causing destruction to a lived system. Be smart! In every exploit development process, the shellcode is one of the vital components to making your exploit reliable. Shellcode itself is just basically an assembly instruction that converted into opcodes (the hexadecimal thingy) "\x6a\x66\x58\x99\x6a\x01\x5b\x52\x53\x6a\x02\x89" "\xe1\xcd\x80\x89\xc6\x5f\xb0\x66\xb3\x04\x52\x56" "\x89\xe1\xcd\x80\xb0\x66\x43\x89\x54\x24\x08\xcd" "\x80\x93\x59\xb0\x3f\xcd\x80\x49\x79\xf9\xb0\x0b" "\x52\x68\x2f\x2f\x73\x68\x68\x2f\x62\x69\x6e\x89" "\xe3\x52\x53\xeb\xca"; that will instruct the program what to do next after the exploitation process is done But when it comes to creating it not many people willing to devote their time to learn it, they rather to just used a precompiled shellcode for example that come from http://shell-storm.org/  because they think that is some...